Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 28 January 19, 2015 "Great Zone Conference & yummy Costco pizza"

     We discovered some pretty gnarly mold all over our house this week... It was by far the most mold I have ever seen. I don't know if it is the mold that made me sick a few weeks ago but that could make sense. A guy is coming to take care of it so don't worry Mom. Last P-Day I went and played basketball at the stake center. It was way fun but man am I not in basketball shape right now haha. We got a good group together and were able to play some games so that was nice. I bought a nice pillow from Costco because the pillow I had wasn't the best. So thanks to my Grandma and her Christmas money she gave me I have been sleeping like a rock. I met up with my friend Jin from High School and we had lunch. It was way cool to see him and he couldn't believe how good I was at Korean. He didn't think I would be able to learn it that fast but hey I guess I picked up a little being here in Korea for almost 5 months and all. We were also able to teach a few practice lessons this week and Koreans even are saying that my Korean is getting better! Korean is still hard to learn but I can slowly see myself picking it up faster. 

      We had Zone Conference this week and it was combined with another zone. President was there and gave us a training. The over all theme of the training was on stewardship. I learned of the importance it is that I put away all selfishness and give my mission to the Lord. After all this truly is His mission, I am just here to be a servant of Him and an instrument in His hands. The way I can do this is by submitting my will completely and letting Him take over. This will by no means be easy but I can do it. Thinking about others before ourselves can be hard sometimes too but we must do that very thing! I am especially lucky as a missionary because I get to serve others each and every day. I for sure am not perfect and still have a long way to go on not being selfish but the important thing is that I am trying. I believe that as we constantly strive to help others before ourselves God will be happy and will pour an endless amount of blessings upon us. We watched Elder Jorg Klebingat's talk from this past October conference and man was that talk amazing! It was probably one of my fav talks and everytime I watch it I learn something new. I would invite everyone to read it/ watch it again because it is awesome!! For lunch at the conference we got Costco pizza and that was pretty yummy. I even got to take a box home because they had extras! Caring a big box of pizza through the subway just adds to the fact the you are already white and tall and that many more people look at you funny. 

        We recently had a way solid member and his wife move in to our ward that have been way good at helping us out who we got to meet this week. He took us out for lunch, we taught him a practice lesson, and then gave us some mission tips. He served in Seoul like 10 or so years ago so he had some way good tips. He told us that we must always have the strongest faith because after all mostly everything comes down to faith and how hard you work. Faith is key that is for sure out here in the mission field. Later that night we got to eat dinner at a member's house and teach another practice lesson. Their 5 year old son was being way funny. He said he has 6 girlfriends and that the hardest thing in life right now is trying to figure out how he is going to get a house big enough to fit all 100 of his kids. He said all this in Korean too so it made it even more funny. Brother Olson, a lawyer from California, took us out for 삼겹살 again like he always does every 2 or so months when he comes here for business. When we finished eating and were getting ready to leave one of the older lady Korean waitresses came up to me with her arms stretched out and a smile on her face. I wasn't quite sure what was going on but just took the guess that she wanted a hug so I gave her one. It was way funny and Brother Olson couldn't stop laughing. 

         Yesterday I got the chance to bless the sacrament!! It was a miracle because usually they don't let foreigners do it. I guess it never hurts to ask. It was so cool saying the sacrament prayer in another language and to realize the Lord loves all His children and made it possible for the sacrament to be blessed in different languages all over the world! The ward gave us a bunch of food and even a cake yesterday so that was sweet!! Lastly I read in Jacob 5 last night about the olive tree analogy. What a responsible it is that I have. I am right now laboring in the Lord's vineyard here in Korea and helping Him with the gathering of Israel. The Lord wants all to come unto Him. "Heavenly Father hears your prayers, loves you, and He knows your name!" - President Henry B. Eyring. 

Love, 
Elder DJ Picard

My good friend Jin from Spokane, Washington.

I LOVE Korea and the people I meet each day!
We have a bit of a mold problem but don't worry mom we are taking care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment