Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 105 July 4, 2016 "This church is true and I look forward to be a SUPER member when I get home!! "

     Well this is my last email as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in South Korea. I never thought I would say those words. I have absolutely loved being a representative of Jesus Christ here in South Korea and teaching His gospel. My opportunity of being a missionary here and being able to experience all that I have has brought me to truly find joy in the gospel. Before my mission sure I went out to church and did the motions of being a member but I feel like now I am more firm in the faith. I don't just do things to make my parents happy but now I do things because my mission has brought me to an understanding of the gospel. I am so thankful to my parents for raising me so well. Ever since I was a little boy in nursery my parents have talked about going on a mission and how important the gospel is. They have played a big part in a lot of my progression and for that I am forever grateful. My parents were there every step of the way cheering me on through life and especially my mission. During the hard times I was always comforted when I thought of my parents and how much they loved me. Another thing that helped was I know both of my parents believe in me. Even when it was hard to believe in myself and my ability they always believed. I couldn't have asked for better parents. I don't even know where to start if I were even going to try and attempt to thank them because they have helped me so much. Seeing my family this Friday in the airport is going to be awesome. What a happy homecoming it will be!! 

      We ate lunch with a brother who just got released from the bishopric and his wife today for lunch. They took us out to this really good restaurant where we ate a lot of meat. This particular brother and I had a hard time getting along at first but now we are super close. We must never give up on relationships. Heavenly Father expects us to love and forgive all men even if it is hard. Sometimes we will have difficulty getting along with someone but that doesn't give us an excuse to give up. A lot of the times we don't get along with someone because we are prideful, stubborn, selfish, etc. At least I know that I have been like that many times throughout my mission. Also before we blame others we need to humbly look inside and see the fault on our behalf. I love learning new things and being able to grow, it is great!! Heavenly Father has blessed me so much. 

       I will end with a scripture that I may have shared before but I am not sure. Actually no,  just read 3 Nephi 13 the whole chapter is really good. I read it a few weeks ago and really liked. I would lastly like to thank everyone for all the love and prayers throughout my mission. I always felt them in one way or another. This church is true and I look forward to be a SUPER member when I get home!! :) 

Love, 
Elder Picard

***He flys home this Friday night, July 8th into SLC airport. To say our family is excited would be an understatement!!! PLEASE COME THIS SUNDAY, JULY 10th @1pm as he reports.
ALL ARE WELCOME, 2030 W Chapel Ridge Rd, LEHI, UTAH 84043, 360-798-1931 is my cell, if you need additional information.

The last two weeks our cute little missionary has been unable to send pictures. Over the past two years he has sent LOTS of food pictures, silly pictures, scenery pictures but here are a few of my favorites, and remember I'm his mom so of course grandma, temple, stores of our family name and baptism pics would be my favorites. Especially his Korean grandma picture, I love that one!






No comments:

Post a Comment