Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 104 June 27, 2016 "He truly does love me and has blessed me with a lot of trials"

     Well this is my second to last email and I can't believe that I go home in 11 days. I have said this many times but I will say it again time flies when you are having fun. I think time flies extra fast when you are having fun as a missionary. Being a missionary in South Korea has been such a good experience and I have loved every minute of it. I for sure had a lot of hard times but I was able to learn a lot. For that I am eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father. He truly does love me and has blessed me with a lot of trials. Yes I did just say trials. In my opinion you cant receive blessings without getting some trials here and there. Life isn't supposed to be easy and I have came to receive a testimony of that on my mission. As I look back on my mission and the hard times I had now I realize how important they were for me in that time. I feel like Heavenly Father knew exactly when it was time for me to improve and he helped me in every instance. I am in Gangnam right now and just ate lunch with the Seocho bishop. We had a good meeting and I took the opportunity to bare my testimony. I love the Seocho ward and being with the Seocho bishop got me all choked up. I couldn't help but shed tears of gratitude for the Seocho ward and for all they gave me. That ward loved me for who I was and they appreciated all of my hard work. I have been blessed to serve around and with so many awesome members here in South Korea. The church here has some amazing members. Kevin and Grace were baptized two days ago Saturday. Their baptismal service was super spiritual and an experience I will never forget. Our other investigator, Christopher, will be getting baptized this Saturday so I am excited for that. A member in the Humphreys ward referred us Chris a while back and now he is getting baptized. The military branches here are very good with investigators and have been such a good help. I love this gospel and look forward to being a member missionary back in America. I can't wait to start the next phase of my life and continue trying to become the Daniel Jackson Picard my Heavenly Father desires me to become. 

Love, 
Elder Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment