Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 101 June 6, 2016 "Pat yourself on the back every once in a while"

     I am down to the last month of my mission and man is it hard to believe. I am so excited to see my family but I may be more excited to finish my mission out strong. My message today is simple. Pat yourself on the back every once in a while. This for me has been hard. I always can notice the things I am bad at very easily which leads to me putting myself down. In my opinion putting yourself down and being hard on yourself is not the best thing to do. Since I am about to go home and all I have had a lot of good talks with my companion about life and stuff. Talking with my companion and getting another person's opinion on things has helped me to realize a lot of things. One of those things was how hard it is to see the good in another if you can't even see the good in yourself. Just think about that for a second. If all you do is put yourself down and never look for the good inside you will never learn how to do it. Looking for the good in yourself will help develop the skill to look for the good in another. This is one thing I have realized lately and am trying to do a better job at. My companion believes that there really is no need for negativity and even though at first this was hard for me to understand I think he is right. Being positive is always the way to go and it all starts with being positive about yourself. I know Heavenly Father views all His children as wonderful individuals that are so full of good. I know that by seeing the good in yourself will make it easier to compliment others and see the good in them. Also by doing so I know that relationships with others will be strengthened. 

Love, 
Elder Picard






No comments:

Post a Comment