Sunday, July 27, 2014

Week Two July 17, 2014 "My first opportunity to give a blessing"

It is pretty hot here in utah, usually high 80's and low 90's so I've been roasting like a toasted cheezer. I just get to study and be all spiritual 24/7. I hope everyone had lots of fun at the lake for me. I knew Jordan would have a good talk, he is a good guy. I'll try and take more pics to send some every week but I haven't taken any this week :( I've been working as hard as i can, it is just super tiring and hard not to fall asleep. Korean is super hard and I'm suprised that I haven't been getting it as well as i thought i would. but I'll keep doing my best. I've grown to know how important it is that I love everyone here no matter what, and know that I'm zone leader I have to set the standards high for all the newbies coming in next Wednesday. I'll try to do more kind deeds everyday. My district has all different varieties of people and it is hard to become one but we are doing better each day. I had the opportunity to give a blessing to a elder in my district who was feeling discouraged so that was pretty sweet. The Spirit was so strong when I gave it, it burned within me. Being a missionary is just awesome! I just need to do better about focusing everything on the MTC instead of worrying about life and home all of the time. I have to go to a bunch of meetings now that I am the zone leader. Tuesday at the devotional it was about the importance of remembering and holding dear the name of Jesus Christ when you close prayers, testimony, and throughout your everyday life. It is something I have never really thought about so it was nice to hear. We owe him our all for all He did for us and we need to display the character of Him everyday. I really feel like I was put in my district and zone for a reason, I have been able to help and uplift so many people here and they the same to me. I know for a fact I was made ZL because the Lord has faith in me and what I can do so it is my job not to let Him down!!
Thanks for all the letters, I love hearing from my family and it always puts me in the best mood when I read them. Yes Dad is right I am here to serve others, to be patient, and to love everyone. It was so cool hearing from a GA!I love being able to see some friends and catch up with them, the perks of all our moves. I've been doing better on saying my prayers and I can even say a short prayer in all Korean, no english. I have started reading my english Book of Mormon for personal study so that has been really uplifting. The adversary is still trying to get me but I wont let it because I'm stronger than that. This mission has been hard but has also been a huge learning experience and will continue to be so. I cant wait to be flying home from Korea a completely different person and being able to say I didn't leave anything on the table and I gave it my all. That is my biggest goal out of my mission to have no regrets. I love you all so much!!!!!!

Elder Picard 
Temple time with my best companion, Elder Butterfield. The Provo Temple is HUGE and so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment