Sunday, December 13, 2015

Week 75 December 14, 2015 "Read 2 Timothy Chapter 4, it's all good"

     This past week was pretty good. The weather is slowly getting colder which is nice because I like the cold. Seocho ward is still awesome and still treating us missionaries like Kings. I feel so privileged and bless to serve in the Seocho Ward. I am excited for Christmas and cant wait to Skype you all, it will be great! I didn't get the chance to send home a Christmas package so I am sorry about that but I sent every member of our family a letter so hopefully you get those before Christmas. I tried to be sincere and elaborate the best I can but I had to write them really fast so if they are no good I apologize. You guys have any fun plans for Christmas any vacations without me or anything? haha. I hope that you have a rocking Christmas in Utah and create a bunch of cool memories you can tell me about later. Just remember a wise young Daniel once said, "It is not about the lights, it is about the love!" That memory came into my mind the other day when I saw some Christmas lights and it made me so happy :) 

      My message this week is found in the New Testament. It is a super good motto to live your life by. It also to me seems like a really good guideline to keep in check and to keep you motivated. It goes a little something like this, " Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life,whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses" (1 Timothy 6:12). So from what I understand is that we have to fight the good fight of faith obviously but also that we have already fought that fight once before we were born! This scripture then means and is encouragement that we can do it again and push on with faith in Christ. To end I will share one more scripture. This is what I want to say at the end of my mission and also at the end of my life like Paul was able to. " I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7). All of Chapter 4 is really good but I don't wanna copy and paste the whole chapter so you all can go read that later. Lets all fight the good fight together and make our Father in Heaven proud!! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. ;) 

Love,
Elder Picard

No comments:

Post a Comment