Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 78 December 28, 2015 "I got to be Santa again!"

     My last Christmas in South Korea as a missionary was amazing. The Seocho ward for sure spoiled us missionaries and made our Christmas wonderful. I got fed a ton and even got a few super nice presents like some ties, a scarf, and a bunch of snacks. Elder Dalley and Elder Whitney got me these sweet baseball hats with the Chinese character meaning their mascot. They only had two left so I got a Dodgers one and a Giants one. I don't necessarily like either of those teams but the hats are sweet. Plus the symbol for the Giants is the Chinese character for Giant which fits because I am tall. I can't believe my last Christmas as a missionary has already past. Time flies! I only get to call home one more time and that will be like one transfer before I go home. I am an old missionary for sure. I never thought it would happen and that I would just be a greenie for life but that didn't work out like I planned haha. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that all is well in America. We weren't able to meet our investigator this week because he was busy so that was a bummer but we will for sure try and meet him this week. We have been struggling to find investigators these days but yesterday we got a referral and we are going to meet with her this week so we will see how that goes.
      Well we are going to play basketball in 영등포 today so I am going to keep this short and sweet. For Christmas my mom sent me a bunch of inspirational quotes that were all laminated and nice looking so I bought a case and put them in it. That is beside the point though haha just thought I would mention it. I was going through them the other day and I found this one I really liked, it was something Muhammad Ali said. The quote was "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a CHAMPION." This quote just kinda hit me deep down. I mean who likes to be a quiter or labeled one? I don't that's for sure. So yeah lets all work through the hard times with smiles on our faces looking to conquer each and every trial that gets in our way.  Jesus Christ is on our side and I know He will help us NOT quit but instead help us keep on keeping on! 

Love, 
Elder Picard






The best mission leader in Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment