Sunday, January 3, 2016

Week 79 January 4, 2016 "It is 2016!"

     It is 2016!!!! I go home this year... I never thought this year would come but hey it is here haha. This past year was full of a lot of ups and downs but I think I learned more this past year than I have in my whole life. The mission just teaches you so much, it is great!! It is kind of hard to believe that for this whole past year all I did was missionary work. It makes me tired just thinking about it haha but not everyone gets this much time to do missionary work all day every day so I consider myself pretty lucky. It is Mom's birthday this week so I just wanted to give a shout out to her! My parents are so old these days haha. They may both be around half a century old but they are healthy and most definitely dont look that old ;) I keep hearing stuff about America and am scared to go home because I dont want Clinton or Trump to be President haha. I honestly think Dad would do a better job leading America than those two crazy pants. What do you say Dad? The first Native American President? My New Years was good and was filled with a lot of good missionary work. On New Years Eve we did stickerboarding on Gangnam Daero and talked with a ton of people and a lot of them were foreigners. Since my bed time is at 10:30pm I woke up the next morning and didn't realize it was 2016 for a few hours.

     My message I wanna share this week is pretty awesome I will say. My mom sent me a bunch of quotes in my Christmas package and I read one this past week that knocked my socks off! I read it and immediately was like "that's a super good one!" It hit me deep down and I want to share the quote with you all. I dont know who wrote it but it goes a little something like this, "When you feel like you're drowning in life, don't worry- your lifeguard walks on water!" After reading this it made me remember how truly helpful, loving, and powerful our Savior is. I know we have a superhero on our side and His name is Jesus Christ, He is the only Begotten of the Father, and He will never forsake us.   

Happy New Year!!!!
새해복 많이 받으세요!

Love, 
Elder Picard





No comments:

Post a Comment