Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 83 February 1, 2016 "Let's go out there and be missionaries in all that we do!"

   Today is February 1, where did January go? Time just gets faster and faster as I move toward the end of my mission. I keep saying this same thing a lot but man is it true. If you were to compare my mission to my junior and senior year of high school there would be a huge difference in feeling of time. I look back and feel like high school took forever to go through but now I look back on my mission and it feels like I started just yesterday. We had an incredible week over here in Pyeongtaek. We have two Nigerian investigators now and one of them has already agreed to get baptized like I said last week and the other is one of the most God loving people I have ever met. Their names are Simon and Abby. Abby is 26 and we still haven't got to teach her with her husband because he works all the time. Foreigners that work in factories here in Korea get worked like slaves so they literally work all of the time. On the bright side they make pretty good money because they are like the only ones that will do the heavy labor. Koreans are hard workers dont get me wrong but the rich ones are lazy and just hire foreigners to work for them. Abby went to the Humphrey's ward yesterday and since we went to the Osan ward with Simon we didn't get to see her but at least she came to church. We played basketball Saturday with the ward and it was super fun. We invited a Filipino kid we met on the bus and he brought his friend with him. It looks like we will be able to pick him up as an investigator so woo hoo!! We are doing super good and seeing lots of miracles over here so don't worry about me I am doing great and happy as ever. 

     I came across this scripture today during personal study and wanted to share it with you all. 
36 And thus they were instruments in the hands of God in bringing many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, to the knowledge of their Redeemer.
37 And how blessed are they! For they did publish peace;they did publish good tidings of good; and they did declare unto the people that the Lord reigneth.
Just a little back story of why I shared this scripture. This is after the sons of Mosiah turn to righteousness and we see that since they changed their lives they were blessed and they helped so many people. We as members need to be member missionary and help in bringing all of our non member friends to the truth and to the knowledge of their Redeemer. I can't think of any better motivation than reading and pondering the blessings spoken of that the sons of Mosiah received for being such good missionaries. Let's go out there and be missionaries in all that we do!

Love,
Elder Picard






No comments:

Post a Comment