Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 81 January 18, 2016 Well this will be a short one... sorry :(

     I don't have too much time today so this will be a really short email. I am leaving Seocho and transferring to Pyeongtaek! I will be serving in the 2 English branches down in Osan and Camp Humphreys. I was kind of bummed to find out I will be finishing my mission speaking English but if that is what the Lord wants me to do I guess I gotta do it. I mean now I can proselyte to all the black people down on the base and since I love African Americans I am pretty excited about that. I mean how cool would that be to say I baptized an African American on my mission in Korea!? President did say they may change a few things and we may help with the Korean ward too down in Pyeongtaek. Since this is Korea and all the Area President wants us to teach as many Koreans as possible so I think we will still proselyte to Koreans sometimes so that is good. I don't want all of my hard work in learning Korean to go to waste so I gotta keep it up. Which means more SYL with my comp and a never ending effort to master Korean before I go home. I will be going cosenior again with someone from my group I was with in the MTC. I will probably only get to serve with a young missionary for my last two transfers but I guess it is whatever. I mean as long as I do my best and work my very hardest that is really all I can do huh? When I started my mission I thought being DL, ZL, or AP made you better than everyone else but I have realized that it doesn't. We are all doing the same work and can all be leaders in our own way. Like we can serve our comps or those around us to make sure they are always happy and succeed. I have really been trying to do that these days like forget myself and serve others more. Doing this will help me more easily give up my will to God and accept His.  

      The message I want to share this week is one I shared a few times with members this week when we met them. The scripture is Joshua 1:9 and I really like it. We honestly do always have to be strong and of good courage because when we are not Satan can tempt us easier. Also when we are strong and courageous we can progress better and the Lord promises to always be with us. So that blessing in a way should persuade us to be not afraid and have courage. There are a lot of people here in Seocho who want to meet me before I leave. It is Pday but we have appointments like all day long haha. I love you all and appreciate all the support. I got Sara's package and the PJ's thanks a bunch!! Also tell the ward thanks for sending me a Christmas package too :) 

Love, 
Elder Picard





No comments:

Post a Comment