Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 71 November 16, 2015 "We should let Christ lift us up!"

 Well this past week was full of some hard times but also happy times as well. Both of our convert are still doing great and we are trying to help them get to the temple. Hopefully they can both go before I leave South Korea that would be sweet! I can't believe November is already half way over. I can't wait till Christmas it will be sweet being able to Skype with my amazing family!! The weather over here is kinda getting chilly but some days it doesn't even feel like November because it gets kind of warm. We have had a really strange Fall season over here in Seoul that's for sure. 

       What I want to share is a few things. First off this life is hard obviously. That is why we are taught we must doubt not and fear not. When we doubt ourselves we can't progress and also Christ can't help us progress if we have negative thoughts about ourselves. This has been a big test for me because I think I may be too hard on myself. There is a point where you can be too hard on yourself. It is good to evaluate yourself but not to beat yourself up in my opinion. I kinda feel that beating ourselves up is something the adversary wants us to do. The way we can doubt not/fear not is by working instead of worrying. I worry about a lot of things as a missionary but I need to change that. If I work, worry about whatever will go away and Christ will be able to help me through the Holy Ghost. Like it says in PMG a missionary who works, works, and works some more gets the spirit. 

         Lastly I came across this cool scripture during personal study. It is Moroni 9:25 
25 My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ
lift  thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto  our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever.

We can't be weighed down in worry or other things but instead we should let Christ lift us up! This gospel is such a blessing and I know it can make all who study it happy. Through studying the gospel, we come unto Christ. The Lord our Savior will recognize this and then lift up those individuals who abide to His gospel and precepts. I love you all so much!! I know Jesus Christ loves you all too!! Thanks for all the prayers, love, and support.

Love, 
Elder Picard


Elder Picard with Luke Wardle, the family that was Dan's first exposure to
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Craigmont, Idaho growing up.
Eating with their friend "Chicken Man"
A holiday in Korea last Wednesday that is celebrated with this food. He thought it tasted like pretzels dipped in frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment