Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 73 November 30, 2015 "A great Thanksgiving week, Turkey, Temple, Pie and Football"

Well we already have transfer calls again on Saturday so I guess we will see if I transfer, stay, or whatever happens. I could leave but I could also stay I am not really sure it is kind of up in the air. Whatever happens though is what the Lord's wants to happen so I will accept whatever with a smile on my face. Hopefully just not Zone Leader because that would be stress for days haha. Hopefully before the end of my mission I can get at least one Korean companion (knock on wood). We just don't have too many Koreans which is a bummer. Well I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was surprisingly better than I thought it would be and I even got to eat turkey! Our zone were some of the few missionaries that got to eat turkey because finding turkey in Korea is tough. My P-Day was Thanksgiving so that was sweet and we even played a turkey bowl which was a blast. I still got a bit of my QB skills which is good. 

       My message this week is from The Infinite Atonement by Tad R. Callister. He quoted C.S. Lewis and his insight was amazing so I wanted to share it! "No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good. A silly idea is current that good people do not know what temptation means. This is an obvious lie. Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is. After all, you find out the strength of the German army by fighting it, not by giving in. You find out the strength of a wind by trying to walk against it, not by lying down. A man who gives in to temptation after five minutes simply does not know what it would have been like an hour later. That is why bad people, in one sense, know very little about badness. They have lived a sheltered life by always giving in. We never find out the strength of the evil impulse inside us until we try to fight it: and Christ, because He was the only man who never yielded to temptation, is also the only man who knows to the full what temptation means- the only complete realist." This really struck me when I read it so I wanted to share it with all of you. I have never thought about this the way C.S. Lewis did before so it made me come to the realization of a lot. One being the depth of how much Christ really did suffer for all of our sins and the other being that we learn and truly suffer by resisting temptation not by giving in. I know Christ lives. I know He will always be there to comfort us in all of our times of suffering, trial, and hardship. I know He has suffered below all things and way more than we could ever even try to fathom. Trust in Him and everything little thing will be alright. Hey I mean even Bob Marley knows this haha he has a song about it.  

Love, 
Elder Daniel Jackson Picard






No comments:

Post a Comment