Sunday, November 22, 2015

Week 72 November 22, 2015 "Romans 1: 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ"

Happy Birthday to my beautiful sister Sara!
     The funny thing of the week is that an English Class member said I look like Obama... I dont know how in the world I look like Obama but I guess I do haha. That makes two look a likes on my mission. I have been told I looked like Eminem with my hair cut short and Obama with my hair longer and combed over? I dont understand but hey I had a good laugh about it!! 
      
      It is crazy how much you learn as a missionary, it's awesome! I am learning every second of every day so it makes it really hard when I have to narrow down all that I learned. I wish I could tell you guys every cool thing that happened, all that I learned, etc. but that would take way too long to type. My message ironically enough this week is on missionary work. I finished Romans this week and the two scriptures I want to share are from there. To my surprise Romans was actually pretty good. The first one I found is Romans 1: 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. When I first read I was like wow that is a great scripture. Then I read it again and then a few mores times. Then it hit me that we as members of the Church of Jesus Christ and especially me as a missionary always have to remember just this and only this. The gospel shouldn't be something we hide or are ashamed about but instead something we treasure and share to our friends and neighbors who have yet to hear such a beautiful message of truth. Reading this makes me want to be more courageous and tell every person I possibly can in South Korea how much I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and how much I know God loves all His children and wants them to come unto this glorious gospel. 
  
      The last scripture kinda backs that last one I shared in my opinion. It is Romans 10:  15 ...How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! Reading this a few chapters later just reassured me that God is grateful when we share the gospel and sees us as BEAUTIFUL! What more of a blessing could you ask for? I dont know about you but I like being called beautiful? haha. That being said lets all just be courageous disciples of Christ, love others, and share the blessing of this gospel with all!! I love you all so much and thank everyone for all the prayers and love you have given me throughout my mission in South Korea!!

Love, 
Elder Picard 
피카드 장로 






No comments:

Post a Comment